In this section, you will be acquainted with what the quality rating shows and how messages have been received by your customers in a rolling window of the past 24 hours.
There are three different states:
The quality-based rate limit tier affects:
How many customers your business can send messages to on a daily basis (new conversations + existing conversations)?
Its limits do not limit the number of messages your business can send, just the number of customers you are trying to message.
It also does not apply to messages sent in response to a user-initiated message within a 24-hour period.
|Tier 1||Allows your business to send messages to 1K unique customers in a rolling 24-hour period.|
|Tier 2||Allows your business to send messages to 10K unique customers in a rolling 24-hour period.|
|Tier 3||Allows your business to send messages to 100K unique customers in a rolling 24-hour period.|
A business starts in Tier 1 when it registers its phone number.
The business will be upgraded to the next tier if:
- Its quality rating is not in the Red state, AND
- It messages 50% the number of customers of its current limit in a maximum window of 7 days.
As soon as the business reaches criteria, it will be moved to the next tier by Meta.
Your Whatsapp Account can be flagged
The business will be downgraded to a lower tier when the number quality rating falls to a Red state and continues to remain so for 7 consecutive days. This usually also corresponds to a "Flagged" status.
It is also possible that the business will be suspended; i.e. Blocked if it continues to remain in Tier 1 and the quality rating remains in the Red state for an extended period of time.
To maintain high quality:
- Only send messages to customers who have opted in to receive messages from your business.
- Do not send messages on behalf of any other business.
- Make the messages personalized and relevant to customers.
- Avoid sending customers too many messages a day.
Updated 5 months ago