Configuring FB Messenger channel
To use the Facebook Messenger channel with Unifonic conversation APIs, a Facebook Page must be connected to an existing conversation API app. This allows the app to receive and send Messenger messages through the connected Facebook Page.
Here you’ll find the complete process of how to set up Messenger as a communication channel through Unifonic. You’ll follow the steps on how to create and add the required criteria to the Unifonic platform so that you can start receiving and sending communications through Messenger.
Make sure you had read through the section on Before Getting Started before proceeding with this section.
To configure the FB Messanger channel
Login to the Unifonic account via https://cloud.unifonic.com/
Navigate to Channels, then select Facebook.
- Click ADD NEW to add a new application or if you already have an application created then you may use it.
- Name the app and then it is ready to use.
- The user may use a single app for different channels.
- The user may create different apps for different channels.
- Creating an app should give you access to Public and Secret keys, which might be required while making an API request.
- Navigate to the Channel tab to add the channel inside the app.
- Click ADD NEW.
- The available channels are visible now, select Messenger channel.
- Authenticate to Facebook by logging into your Facebook account.
- The user will be prompted to select the Facebook page associated with the corresponding Facebook account.
- Select the Facebook page of your business and post-integration, the channel status is Active now.
- Start using the Facebook Messenger channel through Unifonic's conversation API app.
Updated 2 months ago